Companions Medal 2019 – Sr Maryanne Confoy RSC
Congratulations to Professor Maryanne Confoy RSC on being awarded the Ignatian Companions Medal at the Jesuit Province Gathering held on Wednesday 24th April 2019 in Sydney.
The Ignatian Companions Medal is awarded from time to time to express gratitude to people associated with the Province's mission. Such people are not those who have simply ‘done their job' over a period of time but who have given of themselves in voluntary ways beyond the parameters of their position descriptions. They have shown outstanding and generous service to the mission of the Society of Jesus in Australia.
This service could be manifest in a number of ways and Maryanne can be congratulated for contributing to the Society of Jesus in all of these ways:
- a generosity of service over a long period of time
- a clear embodiment of Ignatian Spirituality
- a strong example of solidarity between Jesuits and lay companions
- a manifest commitment to a faith that promotes justice
- engagement with a variety of different Jesuit ministries.
Brendan Byrne SJ paid tribute to Maryanne Confoy RSC for her contribution to the service of Ignatian Spirituality, the Intellectual Apostolate, advancing the mission and formation of Jesuits in Australia and in Boston, USA.
Congratulations Maryanne from Jesuit College of Spirituality, an honour well deserved.