DS9111J / DS9119J | Leadership, Spirituality and Organisational Practice
175 Royal Parade,Parkville,Victoria,Australia
Leadership Key unit in the Graduate Certificate in Leadership. Can also be taken as an elective within the Spirituality and Spiritual Direction pathways.
DS9111J is the face-to-face class
DS9119J is the online class (Online students will be able to view the lectures 24 hours after each class, videos available on ARK).
In this unit, students become more critically aware of the structures and processes at work in the collaborative ministry teams in which they minister. The guiding matrix for this unit is The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius of Loyola, the spiritual pedagogy and dynamism of which provides deep insights into groups as for individuals, though the Spiritual Exercises for groups uses a different framework. Students must be currently working in a collaborative ministry team.
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- articulate a theoretical and practical understanding of the structures and processes which help collaborative ministry teams work effectively and justly;
- analyse how destructive forces can operate in a collaborative ministry team using the models presented in the unit;
- demonstrate an appropriated understanding of the life-death-resurrection cycle of organisations;
- apply leadership theory to assist a collaborative ministry team to focus the energy of individual members around shared goals and objectives;
- evaluate a decision-making process that is aligned with the myth, goals, objectives and values of the organisation.
Therese Carroll RSJ
Session 1 – Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th August 2018 (9.00am-5.00pm)
Session 2 – Friday 14th September 2018 (10.00am-5.00pm)
Session 3 – Friday 19th & Saturday 20th October 2018 (9.00am-5.00pm)
Jesuit College of Spirituality, 175 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
For academic credit $2,400
Not for academic credit $1,200
Therese Carroll RSJ is a member of the Sisters of St Joseph, and currently serves as the Executive Director/Board Chair, Spirituality Ministry of the Sisters of St Joseph, North Sydney, NSW. She serves as a Facilitator for Religious Congregations and othe...