Leadership, Spirituality and Organisational Practice
175 Royal Parade,Parkville,Victoria,Australia
Leadership Key unit in the Graduate Certificate in Leadership. Can also be taken as an elective within the Spirituality and Spiritual Direction pathways.
In this unit, students become more critically aware of the structures and processes at work in the collaborative ministry teams in which they minister. The guiding matrix for this unit is The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius of Loyola, the spiritual pedagogy and dynamism of which provides deep insights into groups as for individuals, though the Spiritual Exercises for groups uses a different framework.
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- articulate a theoretical and practical understanding of the structures and processes which help collaborative ministry teams work effectively and justly;
- analyse how destructive forces can operate in a collaborative ministry team using the models presented in the unit;
- demonstrate an appropriated understanding of the life-death-resurrection cycle of organisations;
- apply leadership theory to assist a collaborative ministry team to focus the energy of individual members around shared goals and objectives;
- evaluate a decision-making process that is aligned with the myth, goals, objectives and values of the organisation.
Therese Carroll RSJ
Jesuit College of Spirituality, 175 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
FEES – For 10 cp units. Double for 20 cp units.
Students enrolled for academic credit | $2,266 Domestic Students | $2,925 International Students
Audit students (not for academic credit) | $1,133
Borbely, James, et al. Focusing Group Energies. Scranton, PN: Private Printing, 1992.
Borbely, James, et al. Understanding Group Spiritual Life. Scranton, PN: Private Printing, 1999.
Fleming, David L. Draw Me into your Friendship: The Spiritual Exercises. St. Louis, MO: Institute of Jesuit Sources, 1996.
Greenleaf, Robert K. Servant Leadership: A Journey into the Nature of Legitimate Power & Greatness. Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 2002.
Sofield, Loughlan & Caroll Juliano. Collaborative Ministry: Skills and Guidelines. Notre Dame, IN: Ave Maria Press, 1992.
Sofield, Loughlan & Donald H. Kuhn. The Collaborative Leader: Listening to the Wisdom of God’s People. Notre Dame, IN: Ave Maria Press, 1995.
Tyson, Trevor, Working with Groups, 2nd ed., South Melbourne, AU: MacMillan, 1989.
Wenger, Etienne. Communities of Practice. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2008.
No team found.