DS9132J / DS9139J Organisational Transformation and Ignatian Spirituality
175 Royal Parade,Parkville,Victoria,Australia
Mode of Delivery Available as face-to-face class or online.
DS9132J is the face-to-face class
DS9139J is the online class (Online students will be able to view the lectures 24 hours after the Tuesday evening class, videos available on ARK. Lectures will run for the first 6 weeks of the unit and then group tutorial session including face-to-face and online students will be conducted for the remaining 6 weeks).
In this unit, the student will carry out a participative action research intervention in the student’s own organisation, with the support of group spiritual direction. This intervention is designed to bring about an organisational transformation. The student will articulate how the intervention evolved and the subsequent impact of the intervention.
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- design and undertake an effective intervention in an organisation, using appropriate action research methods
- analyse the organisational intervention through developing, testing and modifying working hypotheses as a basis for further action
- illustrate, by way of a work journal, how they have provided effective leadership of organisational transformation
- provide evidence of having worked transparently and constructively with challenges, criticisms and conflict
- demonstrate how Ignatian spirituality was integrated into and informed their organisational transformation project.
Therese Carroll RSJ
Tuesday evenings in Semester 2
First class commences on 1st August 2017
5.30pm to 8.30pm, Tuesday evening during Semester 2
Jesuit College of Spirituality, 175 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
For academic credit $2,286
Not for academic credit $1,143
Therese Carroll RSJ is a member of the Sisters of St Joseph, and currently serves as the Executive Director/Board Chair, Spirituality Ministry of the Sisters of St Joseph, North Sydney, NSW. She serves as a Facilitator for Religious Congregations and othe...