The Graduate Certificate in Leadership allows students to focus on the spirituality of organisations and to integrate spirituality, leadership and organisational transformation. Graduates are equipped to meet the challenge of new moral imperatives facing the world.
Why study the Graduate Certificate in Leadership?
As new moral imperatives arise — the preferential option for the poor, the plight of refugees and asylum seekers, just and supportive ecclesiastical structures and processes, the ethical use of science and technology, the fair use of the earth’s resources — a comparable growth of insight in theory and praxis is needed to infuse our understanding of spirituality, so that it is adequate to the task of empowering individuals and organisations to meet the challenge of these new moral imperatives. This three-unit Graduate Certificate in Leadership (Spirituality and Organisational Practice) intentionally focuses on the spirituality of organisations (parishes, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, businesses, social service agencies, collaborative ministry teams, and so on) and integrates spirituality, leadership and organisational transformation.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Leadership:
- have knowledge of how processes, structures, skills and attitudes impact on organisational development at different stages;
- have skills in reflection, research and communication required for effective engagement in organisations;
- have engaged with conscious and unconscious processes in self and other, informed by the spiritual pedagogy and dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises as applied to groups as well as to individuals;
- apply key concepts of organisational behaviour, systems thinking and spirituality to the task of leadership, including processes which facilitate healthy organisational development and transformation.
What is involved to complete the Graduate Certificate in Leadership?
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership consists of 45 points comprised of the following 15-point units.
- DS8041J / DS8049J | Taking up Your Role as leader
- DS9111J / DS9119J | Leadership, Spirituality and Organisational Practice
- DS9161J / DS9169J | Organisational Transformation and Ignatian Spirituality
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership is open to any applicant who:
- has successfully completed an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent;
- is involved in a position of leadership, management, consultancy or social justice activism.
Please take a look at the Course Brochure for more information.