Why study the Graduate Certificate in Spirituality?
The Graduate Certificate in Spirituality allows students to understand personal spiritual experience through introductory study of themes and approaches in Christian spirituality. It serves as a foundation for further study in spirituality or spiritual direction. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian practice and identity.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Spirituality:
- have engaged with personal spiritual experience in light of foundational themes and approaches in spirituality and / or spiritual direction;
- have knowledge of the dynamics of the spiritual life through reflection on personal experience, integrated with foundational themes and approaches in spirituality and / or spiritual direction;
- apply the insights of Christian spirituality to understanding life, work and community.
What is involved to complete the Graduate Certificate in Spirituality?
The Graduate Certificate in Spirituality consists of 45 points comprised of one of the following programs.
- DS8010P | Early Monastic Wisdom: The Desert and the City
- DS9300P | Medieval Monastic Wisdom
- DS8400P | Lent and Easter: Forty Days and Fifty Days
- DS8405P | Prayer and Hospitality: Benedictine Spirituality in Australia
- DS9030P | The Wisdom of St Benedict: The Rule and its Sources
Graduate Certificate in Spirituality is open to any applicant who:
- has successfully completed an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.